Small Powerboat and Rib Master


2 days


IYT Small Powerboat and Rib Master

1 written exam and 1 practical

Course Summary

The certificate is MCA approved. It is a commercial licence, so it's great for people working in the industry or those wanting to charter their own yacht and who need to safely take family and friends ashore when at anchor or on a mooring ball.
You will have classroom and practical training.

Course Details

  • Safety at sea

  • VHF Radio operations

  • Small powerboats and rigid inflatable boats

  • Launching and recovery

  • Anchors and anchoring

  • Nautical terminology

  • Boat handling under power

  • Man overboard procedures

  • Ropes and rope-work

  • Basic rules of the road (collision regulations)

  • Glossary of terms

Please download your course note here.